The web based information system for workshops servicing Saabs is called Saab WebWIS. The software is used to obtain information about diagnostic measures and service maintenance. WebWIS is designed to allow for easy access to service- and repair method documentation.
In Saab WebWIS you will find the following:
- Technical data about the Saab Cars
- Information about which special tools are needed to carry out a service or repair in a specific area of the vehicle
- Technical descriptions, illustrations and service bulletins
- Diagnostic methods (procedures) – information about the strategies you should use to find faults in a specific area of the vehicle, as well as common symptoms shown in cases where no error codes are available. With step by step instructions for narrowing down the root cause of an issue. Repair methods (procedures), repair time studies, and component placements
- Electrical schematics – available to print
- Service programs for all markets
- Installation instructions for accessories
By selecting the model and the model year for the specific car you are working on you have quick and easy access to a toolbar with the most commonly used aspects when repairing or servicing a Saab Car.
If you are familiar with Tech2 you can use its categories to navigate and find documents in Saab WebWIS.Under service you will find scheduled service programs for Saab Cars along with the step by step instructions on how to carry out the service.
Please note that to view certain features (such as electrical schematics) you will need to download and install an ActiveX browser plug-in called IsoView. If you don't already have it you can download it here